Applied Marketing (CIM Level 4)
Cardiff | Virtual Classes
Applied Marketing is a 17-credit mandatory module of CIM’s Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing. To gain the CIM Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing, a pass in Applied Marketing, Digital Marketing Techniques is required.
Aims of the CIM Applied Marketing module
In this module, you will learn about the role of marketing in the organisation and the
key concepts that underpin the activities of the marketer. You will explore the marketing environment, customer behaviour in the digital age, market research and the marketing planning process. This will include the marketing mix and a tactical planning framework to aid marketing effectiveness.
The module comprises three units with two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria and will be assessed by way of examination. The examination will comprise multiple-choice questions to be completed in a controlled assessment.
The Marketing Concept
- Understand the contribution of marketing to the organisation
- Know what influences customer behaviour across a range of contexts
Analysis and Insight
- Understand the factors and trends in the marketing environment and how they affect marketing
- Know a range of options for gathering relevant marketing information
- Understand the application of the marketing mix within different marketing contexts
- Know how to apply and adapt the marketing mix to satisfy customer needs and business goals
The examination will comprise of multiple-choice questions to be completed in a controlled assessment. During the current pandemic students are asked to do online assessments which are invigilated.
How long will it take to study?
Each module takes 2 days of class time to complete; there are 3 modules in total. Please note that if the course is delivered virtually it will be delivered over three day. We offer 3/4 cohorts per year.
Length of study
- The Total Qualification Time (TQT) per module is 170 hours.
- TQT includes guided learning hours, practical and work-based learning, assessment preparation time, assessment time and supported self-study time.
How much does the course cost?
The cost of the cost of the CIM Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing (Digital) is as follows: The full cost is £1500 +VAT; if you’re paying for 1 module the cost is £550 +VAT (payable to the Study Centre). The full cost price also includes a complimentary 1-day Google Analytics Masterclass (worth £195) which you can attend anytime in your first year.
CIM costs are a yearly membership fee of £65 and £150 per assessment (3 in total; so £450 in total). There is also an additional online proctored exam fee (£45) for the Applied Marketing Assessment. You should allocate a £40-50 spend on books for each module.
If you are self-financing, there may be payment options open to you. This allows you to spread the cost of the course over a period of a few months. Please speak to our CIM co-ordinator on 02920 005778 regarding this.
Please check out our Payment Plan page.
How is the course delivered?
**Please note that under normal circumstances all modules are delivered from Cardiff Business Park (Llanishen) but given the current circumstances we are delivering courses ‘live’ as virtual classes. Our students benefit from:**
- Two days’ attendance (or three 4-hour sessions via Zoom)
- Experience – all 3 of our tutors have over 40 years’ experience of delivering CIM courses
- Support – we provide post-course support right up to the time you do your assessment and online test
- Online learning – comprising notes, slides, activities, links and digital marketing updates
- Monthly delivery – every month we deliver one of the modules
Assessment methods used within the qualification are employer-driven, practitioner-based, relevant and appropriate for business needs. In addition, assessments for all qualifications comply with regulatory requirements, are fit for purpose, fair, valid, reliable and manageable to ensure confidence in the standard of learner achievement.
What should you do next?
Please download and take some time to go through the Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing brochure. It covers pretty much everything that we have detailed on this site and many people find it useful to present to their line mangers or HR managers.
If you would like to book on to the Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing, please click the ‘register‘ button at the top of this page and complete the booking form.
Feel free to give us a call between 8.30 am – 6.00 pm on 02920 005778.
Alternatively, please complete the form below.
Sep 9, 10 & 13 (New Cohort!)
Dec 2021 TBC
£1500 (Full Certificate)
(excl. VAT and CIM M’ship & assessments)