Digital Marketing Techniques (CIM Level 4)
Cardiff | Virtual Classes
Digital Marketing Techniques is a 17-credit mandatory module of CIM’s Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing. To gain the CIM Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing, a pass in Applied Marketing, Planning Campaigns plus Digital Marketing Techniques is required.
Aims of the CIM Digital Marketing Techniques module
This module focuses on the importance of the ever-evolving, dynamic digital landscape. You will develop skills to improve digital marketing performance and explore the challenges and opportunities within the digital environment. You will also use a range of tools to plan how to enhance an organisation’s effectiveness in the digital age.
This module, like the other two, is currently being run as a ‘live’ virtual class through Zoom.
The module comprises three units of two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria and will be assessed by way of assignment. The assessment will require submission of a work-based assignment. Broadly speaking the content of this module covers:
The Digital Techniques
- Understand digital marketing tools and techniques
- Assess different applications of digital marketing
- Know how to integrate digital and offline marketing
- Understand approaches to enhancing stakeholder engagement
- Know how to develop a digital marketing plan
- Apply and adapt digital marketing analysis
The assessment will require submission of a portfolio/assignment based on a theme and an organisation of choice.
There are three assessment sessions during the year.
How long will it take to study?
Length of study
- The Total Qualification Time (TQT) per module is 170 hours.
- TQT includes guided learning hours, practical and work-based learning, assessment preparation time, assessment time and supported self-study time.
How is the course delivered?
**Please note that under normal circumstances all modules are delivered from Cardiff Business Park (Llanishen) but given the current circumstances we are delivering courses ‘live’ as virtual classes. Our students benefit from:**
- Two days’ attendance (or three 4-hour sessions via Zoom)
- Experience – all 3 of our tutors have over 40 years’ experience of delivering CIM courses
- Support – we provide post-course support right up to the time you do your assessment and online test
- Online learning – comprising notes, slides, activities, links and digital marketing updates
- Monthly delivery – every month we deliver one of the modules
Assessment methods used within the qualification are employer-driven, practitioner-based, relevant and appropriate for business needs. In addition, assessments for all qualifications comply with regulatory requirements, are fit for purpose, fair, valid, reliable and manageable to ensure confidence in the standard of learner achievement.
How much does the course cost?
Our qualifications and bite-size awards represent a sound investment in your future and your employer may therefore be willing to sponsor you.
The full cost is £1500 +VAT; if you’re paying for 1 module the cost is £550 +VAT (payable to the Study Centre). The full cost price also includes a complimentary 1-day Google Analytics Masterclass (worth £195) which you can attend anytime in your first year.
CIM costs are a yearly membership fee of £65 and £150 per assessment (3 in total; so £450 in total). There is also an additional online proctored exam fee (£45) for the Applied Marketing Assessment. You should allocate a £40-50 spend on books for each module.
If you are self-financing, there may be payment options open to you. This will allow you to spread the cost of the course over a period of a few months. Please speak to our CIM co-ordinator on 02920 005778 regarding this.
Please check out our Payment Plan page.
What should you do next?
Please download and take some time to go through the Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing brochure. It covers pretty much everything that we have detailed on this site and many people find it useful to present to their line mangers or HR managers.
If you would like to book on to the Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing, please click the ‘register‘ button at the top of this page and complete the booking form.
Feel free to give us a call between 8.30 am – 6.00 pm on 02920 005778.
Alternatively, please complete the form below.
Digital Marketing Techniques
Oct 14, 15 & 18 (New Cohort!)
£1500 (Full Certificate)
(excl. VAT and CIM M’ship & assessments)
‘Live’ classes via Zoom or WebEx