Marketing and Digital Strategy
|Marketing and Digital Strategy||Sep 24-25, 2020 |
|Courses start at 9.15 am and end at 4.30 pm; lunch and refreshments are included. Prices exclude VAT.|
Aims of the Module
This module will enable you to take both a traditional and digital strategic approach to marketing planning, integrating digital strategy, models, frameworks and techniques throughout to achieve competitive advantage.
You will be able to recognise the significance of situation analysis and use techniques to assess the external and internal environments that enable effective decision making. You will also be able to apply all stages within the marketing planning process – from the audit, through strategic decision making, to implementation of plans across both traditional and digital channels.
Finally, you will learn how to manage resources and employ monitoring and measurement techniques that enable the achievement of strategic marketing objectives.
The module comprises three units of two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria and will be assessed by way of assignment. By the end of this module you should be able to:
Unit 1: Situation Analysis
- Understand how to analyse an organisation’s current and future internal and external environments (15%)
- Interpret relevant information and insights to recommend and inform strategic decision making (15%)
Unit 2: Planning
- Develop marketing objectives and strategy to deliver organisational objectives (20%)
- Develop a strategic marketing plan and a supporting marketing mix to deliver marketing objectives (20%)
Unit 3: Implementation and Control
- Define the resources required to deliver the strategic marketing plan (15%)
- Apply the results of monitoring and measurements, and adapt the marketing plan for continuous improvement (15%)
The assessment will require submission of a portfolio/assignment based on a theme and an organisation of choice.
How long will it take to study?
- The Total Qualification Time (TQT) per module is 170 hours.
- TQT includes guided learning hours, practical and work-based learning, assessment preparation time, assessment time and supported self-study time.
There are three assessment sessions per year.
How much does it cost?
Please note that under normal circumstances all modules are delivered from Cardiff Business Park (Llanishen) but given the current circumstances we are delivering courses ‘live’ as virtual classes. Our students benefit from:
- Three days’ attendance (or multiple 4-hour sessions via Zoom)
- Experience – all 3 of our tutors have over 40 years’ experience of delivering CIM courses
- Support – we provide post-course support right up to the time you do your assessment and online test
- Online learning – comprising notes, slides, activities, links and digital marketing updates
- Regular delivery – every 3 months we deliver one of the modules
What should I do next?
If you would like to book on to the CIM Digital Diploma in Professional Marketing, please select the cohort you would like to attend in the table at the top of this page or from one of the modules and complete the booking form.
Feel free to give us a call between 8.30 am – 6.00 pm on 02920 005778