Aims of the Module
This module provides an introduction to the main aspects of digital marketing.
On completion of the module, you will have an appreciation of the impact that digital technology has had on marketing activities and its effect on customers. You will have an understanding of the digital marketing tools available, how those tools can be used and how to develop digital marketing content.
Finally, you will know how to develop digital communications campaigns and how the effectiveness of those campaigns can be measured.
The module comprises three units with two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria and will be assessed by way of a portfolio/ assignment. By the end of this module you should be able to:
Unit 1: Fundamentals of Digital Marketing
- Understand the impact of digital technology on marketing activities (15%)
- Understand the effect of digital technology on customers (15%)
Unit 2: Digital Marketing Tools
- Understand the use of digital marketing tools (20%)
- Outline the development of digital marketing content (20%)
Unit 3: Developing Digital Communications Campaigns
- Know how to develop digital marketing communications campaigns (20%)
- Understand how to measure digital marketing communications campaigns (10%)
The assessment will require submission of a portfolio/assignment based on a theme and an organisation of choice.
How long will it take to study?
- Notional learning time is the amount of time expected to take, on average, to complete the learning outcomes of a module to the standard defined by the assessment criteria. This includes:
– Guided learning hours
– Practical and work-based learning – Assessment preparation time
– Assessment time
– Supported self-study time
Each module will take 80-90 hours Notional learning time.
There are three assessment sessions per year within the new CIM qualification.
How much does it cost?
Our qualifications and bite-size awards represent a sound investment in your future and your employer may therefore be willing to sponsor you.
The full cost of the Foundation Certificate is £990 +VAT. The CIM costs are £110 per assessment (2 in total) and a yearly membership fee of £65. You should allocate a £40-50 spend on books.
If you are self-financing, there may be payment options open to you. This will allow you to spread the cost of the course over a period of a few months. Please speak to our CIM co-ordinator on 02920 005778 regarding this.
If you have been made redundant, then you may be eligible for ReAct funding of up to £1500 of the cost of your course. We accept ReAct beneficiaries and have dealt with students through the ReAct scheme for many years. Find out more about ReAct from the Careers Wales website.
Please note that under normal circumstances all modules are delivered from Cardiff Business Park (Llanishen) but given he current circumstances we are delivering courses ‘live’ as virtual classes. Our students benefit from:
- Two days’ attendance (or three 4-hour sessions via Zoom)
- Experience – all 3 of our tutors have over 40 years’ experience of delivering CIM courses
- Support – we provide post-course support right up to the time you do your assessment and online test
- Online learning – comprising notes, slides, activities, links and digital marketing updates
- Monthly delivery – every month we deliver one of the modules
What should I do next?
Please download and take some time to go through the CIM Foundation Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing brochure. It covers pretty much everything that we have detailed on this site and many people find it useful to present to their line mangers or HR managers.
If you would like to book on to the CIM Foundation Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing, please select the cohort you would like to attend (in the table at the top of this page) or from one of the modules and complete the booking form.
Feel free to give us a call between 8.30 am – 6.00 pm on 02920 005778