|Marketing Principles||September 28-30, 2020||£495|
|CIM Fees Total £260 (includes VAT). Course prices exclude VAT.|
Aims of the Module
This module provides an understanding of the key concepts and terminology used in marketing. On completion of the module, you will have a knowledge and understanding of the role and function of marketing within organisations, and the factors that influence consumer behaviour. You will also be able to identify key components of the marketing environment and have an appreciation of how to collect and utilise relevant information about the marketing environment.
Finally, you will be able to outline the concepts and elements which make up the marketing mix and understand how these are applied in a range of different contexts.
The module comprises three units with two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria and will be assessed by the way of examination. The examination will comprise multiple choice questions to be completed in a controlled assessment.
Unit 1: Discovering marketing
– Describe the role and function of marketing within organisations
– Explain the factors that influence consumer behaviour
Unit 2: The marketing environment
– Identify the key components of the marketing environment
– Know how to collect relevant information about the marketing environment
Unit 3: The marketing mix
– Describe the concept and elements of the marketing mix
– Know how the marketing mix is applied in different contextual settings
The examination will comprise multiple-choice questions to be completed in a controlled assessment.
How long will it take to study?
- Guided learning hours
- Practical and work-based learning – Assessment preparation time
- Assessment time
- Supported self-study time
Each module will take 80-90 hours Notional learning time. There are three assessment sessions per year within the new CIM qualification.
How much does it cost?
Our qualifications and bite-size awards represent a sound investment in your future and your employer may therefore be willing to sponsor you.
The full cost of the Foundation Certificate is £990 +VAT. The CIM costs are £110 per assessment (2 in total) and a yearly membership fee of £65. You should allocate a £40-50 spend on books.
If you are self-financing, there may be payment options open to you. This will allow you to spread the cost of the course over a period of a few months. Please speak to our CIM co-ordinator on 02920 005778 regarding this.
If you have been made redundant, then you may be eligible for ReAct funding of up to £1500 of the cost of your course. We accept ReAct beneficiaries and have dealt with students through the ReAct scheme for many years. Find out more about ReAct from the Careers Wales website.
Please note that under normal circumstances all modules are delivered from Cardiff Business Park (Llanishen) but given he current circumstances we are delivering courses ‘live’ as virtual classes. Our students benefit from:
- Two days’ attendance (or three 4-hour sessions via Zoom)
- Experience – all 3 of our tutors have over 40 years’ experience of delivering CIM courses
- Support – we provide post-course support right up to the time you do your assessment and online test
- Online learning – comprising notes, slides, activities, links and digital marketing updates
- Monthly delivery – every month we deliver one of the modules
What should I do next?
Please download and take some time to go through the CIM Foundation Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing brochure. It covers pretty much everything that we have detailed on this site.
If you would like to book on to the CIM Foundation Certificate, please select the cohort you would like to attend in the table at the top of this page or from one of the modules and complete the booking form.
Feel free to give us a call between 8.30 am – 6.00 pm on 02920 005778
If you’ve got any queries, send us an email through our CIM Enquiry form.