Google Analytics 4
Cardiff | Virtual Online
Every digital marketing campaign needs to be measured. Get to grips with the new GA4 interface, learn how to create custom and exploration reports and understand the importance of events on this 1-day, hands-on workshop.
Google Universal Analytics will no longer track websites/apps from July 2023 and from this time the only Analytics option open to users will be Google Analytics 4. This is why we have taken the decision to only deliver Analytics training on the Google Analytics 4 platform from now on.
On completion of this 1-day course you will:
- Understand the benefits of GA4
- Know your way around the Google Analytics 4 interface
- Understand how you can customise the interface to your needs
- Have a clear understanding of GA4 events
- Undertand how to use dates, search, comparisons, dimenion drop-downs and library
- Know how to send reports
- Have created custom and exploration reports
- Understand how to create custom reports and segments
- Be able to create events
Google Analytics 4 modules covered
Module 1 : Introduction to Digital Analytics
- What is Google Analytics?
- The benefits of Analytics
- What is the difference between Universal Analytics and Google Analytics 4?
Module 2 : GA4 Set up
- The importance of planning
- Creating objectives & the customer journey
- Set up using Google Analytics
- Set up via Tag Manager
Module 3 : Fundamental concepts of GA4
- Users & Sessions
- Engaged sessions
Module 4 : GA4 Interface
Module 6 : Exploring the reporting interface
- How to use reports
- What do they tell us?
- Real time
- Life cycle
Module 7 : Creating custom reports
- How to create from existing reports
- How to change the look and feel of standard report interface
- Creating reports from scratch
Module 8 : Exploration reports
- What are they?
- When can the be used?
- How do you create them?
- Discover Free-form, funnel and path exploration
Module 9 : Testing and troubleshooting
- How to use debug mode
Module 10 : Tag Manager
- What are the benefits of using tag manager?
- When should you use it?
- Tags, Triggers & Variables
Q & A
- Any questions?
Our online courses are charged at the Cardiff prices. The standard rates for our in-person courses are as follows: £349 (+VAT) for London courses and £249 (+VAT) for our Cardiff courses (Early bird prices may apply). Prices include:
- Slides for the day.
- Access to our password-protected area where you can access latest slides and self-help guide, along with links to useful resources and videos.
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day (for our in-person courses only)
Get 10% off course bookings:
- if your organisation is a registered charity (not applicable to Early Bird discounts)
- If you have 2 or more staff attending, we can offer a discount of 10% (off the standard NOT Early Bird rate).
Online courses start at 9.30am, though we ask delegates to sign in to Zoom by 9.25 am. The courses end at 4.30 pm and lunch is usually taken at 12.30 pm with tea and coffee breaks mid morning and mid afternoon.
Courses delivered in person start at 9.15am and finish at 4.30pm with lunch usually taken at 12.30 pm with tea and coffee breaks mid morning and mid afternoon.
** Please check to see whether the course you want to attend is online or in Cardiff or London*
Cardiff courses are run from the offices of Liberty Marketing in Llanishen, Cardiff or from Cornerstone, central Cardiff.
London courses are either delivered in Portland place or near Regent’s Park.
Teas, coffees and lunch are provide from both venues.
All our online courses are delivered through Zoom which allows us to stream HD-quality video of our courses direct to your office or home, via desktop or tablet. These courses are limited to a maximum of 8 people. Learn more about Virtual Classrooms
- Face-to-face online OR
- Support site (inc course notes)
- Post-course support