Google Analytics Training (Cardiff, London, In-house)
On this hands-on Google Analytics Training Course we will explore Google Analytics from account set-up, to looking at how the interface works, understanding how to interpret metrics and dimensions, creating dashboards and on to its more advanced reporting capabilities.
Learn to report, measure & improve web activity
Guided by the instructor the course will help you better understand the activities of your website visitors to improve your user engagement and increase conversions.
Our face-to-face courses are currently being delivered live through Zoom or WebEx and allow us to stream HD-quality video of our courses direct to the comfort of your home/office. These courses are limited to a maximum of 8 people.
On completion of this 1-day course you will:
- Understand the Google Analytics interface
- Have a clear understanding of the main reporting features
- Know how to navigate, select and search the dimensions and metrics features
- Be able to create dashboards
- Know how to send reports
- Understand how to create custom reports and segments
- Be able to create simple goals and filters
Who is the course aimed at?
It is aimed at beginner to intermediate users be they marketers, sales people, IT staff, admin staff, owner-directors and anyone who needs to know the performance of their websites and mobile apps.
Introduction to Analytics
- What is Analytics and why do we use it?
- Why is it beneficial to organisations?
Account Structure and Analytics Implementation
- What are properties, views, dimensions and metrics?
- Learn the key concepts: e,g. sessions, users and page views.
- Considering and defining online goals (micro and macro goals).
Understanding the Analytics Interface
- How to use the date and graph selector.
- Learn to use primary and secondary dimension selectors.
- Tips on how to use and understand reporting in tables.
- Creating/emailing dashboards, widgets and reports.
- Understanding where visitors come from.
- Exploring your key channels.
- Understanding where Google’s Search console fits in.
- Dimensions and Metrics in standard reports.
- What are the characteristics and reporting features of main reports:
Standard Reports – Conversions
- Aligning business and marketing objectives to Analytics.
- Micro and Macro goals.
- Events – tracking on-page events (pdf’s, videos, links, etc)
- Goal flow and visualisation.
Segments & Customisation
- How to create segments.
- Understanding & creating custom reports
- How to set up custom alerts.
- Review and recap.
Q & A.
The standard rates for our courses are as follows: £329 (+VAT) for London courses and £229 (+VAT) for our Cardiff courses (Early bird prices may apply). Please note that during the pandemic prices will start at the Cardiff rate. Prices include:
- Slides for the day.
- Access to our password-protected area where you can access latest slides and self-help guide, along with links to useful resources and videos.
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day (for our in-person courses only)
Get 15% off course bookings if your organisation is a registered charity (not applicable to Early Bird discounts)
If you have 2 or more staff attending, we can offer a discount of 10% (off the standard NOT Early Bird rate).
Courses start at 9.00 am, though we ask delegates to arrive at the venue by 8.45 am (for our virtual classes we ask people to sign in to Zoom by 9.00 am). The courses end at 4.30 pm and lunch is usually taken at 12.30 pm with tea and coffee breaks mid morning and mid afternoon. To work out your travel times, please see the venue addresses below. If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know
** Please note that during the Covid-19 pandemic we will be delivering all of our courses ‘live’ through Zoom/WebEx.**
Virtual Classrooms Are Now Live
For the next few months at least this course will be delivered live through a virtual platform. All courses are delivered through Zoom which allows us to stream HD-quality video of our courses direct to your laptop, desktop or tablet. These courses are limited to a maximum of 8 people. Learn more about Virtual Classrooms.
Cardiff location (training)
Our principal training venue is located in the offices of Liberty Marketing in Cardiff Business Park, Llanishen. This location is conveniently located between the M4 (junction 32) and Cardiff City Centre, making it easily accessible from Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, the valleys and South West England. Please note on occasion our training venues may be located in Cardiff City centre (always check the events page for correct location).
London location (training)
The venue for the workshop is in the heart of London and therefore ideal for transport links. We hold the training at either Portland Place or Holborn Bars in London. Both venues offer free wifi, teas/coffees and a sit-down lunch in a restaurant on-site.
Who is your tutor?
The trainer for this course is Alun John. Alun heads up Marketing Tom Media and has been delivering Digital Marketing training for over 15 years. He has worked as a Digital Media lecturer in the University of Wales, Cardiff and worked as a Chartered Institute of Marketing lecturer since 2004, delivering training courses at both certificate and diploma level. He has given presentations at conferences on the subject of Digital Marketing and Social Media and has worked with organisations as diverse as the Welsh Government, Cardiff University, the Bank of Ireland, Sir Robert McAlpine, the NHS, Aviva and hundreds more.
Oct 13, 2021
Nov 17, 2021
Dec 15, 2021
‘Live’ classes via Zoom or WebEx.
(early bird price, excl. VAT)
Upcoming Google Analytics Courses
Google Analytics Course
Wed Oct 13 | 2021 9:15 am – 4:15 pm
Google Analytics Course
Wed, Nov 17 | 9:15 am – 4:15 pm
Google Analytics Course
Wed, Dec 15 | 9:15 am – 4:15 pm
Please get in touch through the following.
Regus House, Malthouse Avenue, Cardiff Gate Business Park, Cardiff. CF23 8RU