Google Analytics Course
On this hands-on Google Analytics Training Course we will explore Google Analytics from account set-up, to looking at how the interface works, understanding how to interpret reports, creating dashboards and even customised reporting.
On our beginner-level course we will work with you to better understand the activities of your website visitors in order to improve their engagement and increase conversions. Guided by the tutor, and using your laptops, you will learn how to navigate the Analytics interface, interpret the reports and create dashboards and customised reports.
|Sep 24, 2019||Portland Place, London||Early Bird: £275 (not £295)||Book Now|
|Oct 22, 2019||Portland Place, London||Early Bird: £275 (not £295)||Book Now|
|Nov 19, 2019||Portland Place, London||Early Bird: £275 (not £295)||Book Now|
|Dec 17, 2019||Portland Place, London||Early Bird: £275 (not £295)||Book Now|
|Sep 25, 2019||Cardiff Business Park, Cardiff||Early Bird: £175 (Not £195)||Book Now|
|Oct 23, 2019||Cardiff Business Park, Cardiff||Early Bird: £175 (Not £195)||Book Now|
|Nov 20, 2019||Cardiff Business Park, Cardiff||Early Bird: £175 (Not £195)||Book Now|
|Dec 19, 2019||Cardiff Business Park, Cardiff||Early Bird: £175 (Not £195)||Book Now|
|Time: 9.15 am - 4.30 pm. Lunch/refreshments included. Prices ex. VAT. 10% discount for 2 or more delegates*.|
On completion of this 1-day course you will:
- Understand the Google Analytics interface
- Have a clear understanding of the main reporting features
- Know how to navigate, select and search the dimensions and metrics features
- Be able to create dashboards
- Know how to send reports
- Understand how to create custom reports and segments
- Be able to create simple goals and filters
Who is the course aimed at?
It is aimed at beginner to intermediate users be they marketers, sales people, IT staff, admin staff, owner-directors and anyone who needs to know the performance of their websites and mobile apps.
Introduction to Analytics
- What is Analytics and why do we use it?
- Why is it beneficial to organisations?
Account Structure and Analytics Implementation
- What are properties, views, dimensions and metrics?
- Learn the key concepts: e,g. sessions, users and page views.
- Considering and defining online goals (micro and macro goals).
Understanding the Analytics Interface
- How to use the date and graph selector.
- Learn to use primary and secondary dimension selectors.
- Tips on how to use and understand reporting in tables.
- Creating/emailing dashboards, widgets and reports.
- Understanding where visitors come from.
- Exploring your key channels.
- Understanding where Google’s Search console fits in.
- Dimensions and Metrics in standard reports.
- What are the characteristics and reporting features of main reports:
Standard Reports – Conversions
- Aligning business and marketing objectives to Analytics.
- Micro and Macro goals.
- Events – tracking on-page events (pdf’s, videos, links, etc)
- Goal flow and visualisation.
Segments & Customisation
- How to create segments.
- Understanding & creating custom reports
- How to set up custom alerts.
- Review and recap. Q & A.
Delegates rates for Cardiff courses start at £175 (+VAT) and for London £275 per person and include:
Over the next month or so we will create a password-protected area where you can access latest slides and self-help guide, along with links to useful resources and videos.
Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
Get 15% off course bookings if your organisation is a registered charity (not applicable to Early Bird discounts)
If you have 2 or more staff attending, we can offer a discount of 10% (off the standard NOT Early Bird rate).
Courses start at 9.15am, though we ask delegates to arrive at the venue by 9.00. The courses end at 4.30 pm and lunch is usually taken at 12.30 pm with tea and coffee breaks mid morning and mid afternoon. To work out your travel times, please see the venue addresses below. If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know
Our principle training venue is Cardiff Gate Business Park, though this can chage from month-to-month (please note the venue from the table above). This location is situated on Junction 30 of the M4 making it ideal for those travelling from Cardiff, Newport, the South West England, West Wales and the South Wales Valleys. Our CIM and CAM courses generally take place here, along with 1-day workshops.
Find out how to get to this location
London location (training)
The venue for the workshop is in the heart of London and therefore ideal for transport links. We hold the training at either Portland Place or Holborn Bars in London. Both venues offer free wifi, teas/coffees and a sit-down lunch in a restaurant on-site.