Introduction to Digital Marketing
Learn via Virtual Classroom
Our face-to-face courses are currently being delivered live through Zoom or WebEx and allow us to stream HD-quality video of our courses direct to the comfort of your home/office. These courses are limited to a maximum of 8 people.
Join us on our 1-day Introduction to Digital Marketing
This course draws on our experience as a Chartered Institute of Marketing Accredited Study Centre teaching CIM/CAM Digital Marketing courses and 1-day workshops. This intensive 1-day course will provide you with both the theoretical and practical skills to start planning digital marketing campaigns within your own organisation.
Over the day you will learn the importance of strategy and explore tactical tools like SEO, Social Media, Google Analytics and Email Marketing. The course is ideal for those who are in a support-level marketing role and does not require any previous experience or knowledge of marketing.
Apr 12, 2021
May 10, 2021
Jun 14, 2021
Jul 12, 2021
‘Live’ classes via Zoom or WebEx.
(early bird price, excl. VAT)
On completion of this 1-day course you will:
- Understand how to develop a Digital Marketing Plan
- Know how SEO works and the role content plays
- Have a clear understanding of the mani social media networks and how to use them
- Understand the role advertising and email plays
- Have learnt about Google Analytics and the importance of measurement
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is designed for those who want to get a better understanding of digital marketing. It is ideal for those who are new to marketing or those who want to make sure that they are approaching digital marketing correctly and using the right tools. Ideal for companies who need new recruits to get up to speed with the digital marketing landscape.
Introduction to Digital Marketing modules
The Digital Environment
- What is Digital Marketing?
- Characteristics of Digital Marketing
- Difference between digital and traditional marketing
- Customer expectations
- Online Customer Journey
Developing a Digital Marketing Plan
- Introduction to PR Smith’s SOSTAC® Planning Framework
- Carrying out an audit
- Identifying objectives and developing a strategy
- Implementing tactics
- The importance of measurement
- Website objectives
- Types of website
- Aspects of website design
- Websites and devices
- Websites and Google
SEO and Content
- What is SEO?
- Why is it important?
- What does Google look for?
- Developing links
- The importance of content marketing
- Google Local and Search Console
- The Social Media landscape
- Social Media fundamentals
- Different options for Social Media
- Exploration of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- What about Pinterest and Blogging?
Online Advertising and Email
- What is online advertising?
- Google Ads for Search
- Google Ads for Display
- Paid advertising on Social Media
- What is email and how should we use it?
- Creating goals and lists
- Preparing campaigns and measurement
Measuring Digital Marketing
- What is Google Analytics?
- What are metrics?
- Measuring success/failure in GA
- Key elements of GA
- Creating Goals
- Recap and QA.
Early bird rates for London courses start at £299 (+VAT) and for Cardiff courses at £229 (+VAT); standard rates are £329 and £249 respectively.
- Course material
- One hour 1-to-1 session by Zoom to discuss your specific needs after the course
- Access to a password-protected Google Analytics blog which features videos, articles, podcasts, videocasts, PowerPoint slides, book links and more.
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- Get 10% off course bookings if your organisation is a registered charity (not applicable to Early Bird discounts).
- If you have 2 or more staff attending, we can offer a discount (off the Standard NOT Early Bird rate).
Courses start at 9.15 am, though we ask delegates to arrive at the venue by 9.00. The courses end at 4.30 pm and lunch is usually taken at 12.30 pm with tea and coffee breaks mid morning and mid afternoon. To work out your travel times, please see the venue addresses below. If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know
** Please note that during the Covid-19 pandemic we will be delivering all of our courses ‘live’ through Zoom/WebEx.**
Virtual Classrooms Are Now Live
For the next few months at least this course will be delivered live through a virtual platform. All courses are delivered through Zoom which allows us to stream HD-quality video of our courses direct to your laptop, desktop or tablet. These courses are limited to a maximum of 8 people. Learn more about Virtual Classrooms.
Cardiff location (training)
Our principal training venue is located in the offices of Liberty Marketing in Cardiff Business Park, Llanishen. This location is conveniently located between the M4 (junction 32) and Cardiff City Centre, making it easily accessible from Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, the valleys and South West England. Please note on occasion our training venues may be located in Cardiff City centre (always check the events page for correct location).
London location (training)
The venue for the workshop is in the heart of London and therefore ideal for transport links. We hold the training at either Portland Place or Holborn Bars in London. Both venues offer free wifi, teas/coffees and a sit-down lunch in a restaurant on-site.
Who is your tutor?
The trainer for this course is Alun John. Alun heads up Marketing Tom Media and has been delivering Digital Marketing training for over 15 years. He has worked as a Digital Media lecturer in the University of Wales, Cardiff and worked as a Chartered Institute of Marketing lecturer since 2004, delivering training courses at both certificate and diploma level. He has given presentations at conferences on the subject of Digital Marketing and Social Media and has worked with organisations as diverse as the Welsh Government, Cardiff University, the Bank of Ireland, Sir Robert McAlpine, the NHS, Aviva and hundreds more. Many hundreds of students have attended his 1-day and CIM courses.
The Introduction to Digital Marketing course with Marketing Tom Media is a really thorough exploration of digital marketing, concentrating on different techniques, reaching new audiences, and gaining useful tips.
We’ve started putting some of the new programmes suggestions into action at work, and I’m looking forward to further training in the near future.
Please get in touch through the following.
Regus House, Malthouse Avenue, Cardiff Gate Business Park, Cardiff. CF23 8RU