Introduction to Digital Marketing
For the next few months this course will be delivered live through a virtual platform. All courses are delivered through Zoom or WebEx and allows us to stream HD-quality video of our courses direct to your laptop, desktop or tablet. These courses are limited to a maximum of 6 people.
|Jul 24, 2020||Virtual Classroom||Early Bird £189 (not £219)||Book Now|
|Aug 5, 2020||Virtual Classroom||Early Bird £189 (not £219)||Book Now|
|Sep 4, 2020||Virtual Classroom||Early Bird £189 (not £219)||Book Now|
|Sep 18, 2020||Virtual Classroom||Early Bird £189 (not £219)||Book Now|
|Oct 2, 2020||Virtual Classroom||Early Bird £189 (not £219)||Book Now|
|Oct 20, 2020||Virtual Classroom||Early Bird £189 (not £219)||Book Now|
|Start: 9.15 am and end: 4.30 pm. Lunch/refreshments are included. 10% off for 2 or more. Prices ex. VAT.|
Gain a comprehensive overview of Digital Marketing – in 1 Day
This course draws on our experience as a Chartered Institute of Marketing Study Centre teaching CIM/CAM Digital Marketing courses and 1-day workshops. This intensive 1-day course will provide you with both the theoretical and practical skills to start planning digital marketing campaigns within your own organisation.
On completion of this 1-day course you will:
- Understand how to develop a Digital Marketing Plan
- Know how SEO works and the role content plays
- Have a clear understanding of the mani social media networks and how to use them
- Understand the role advertising and email plays
- Have learnt about Google Analytics and the importance of measurement
Who is the course aimed at?
The Digital Environment
- What is Digital Marketing?
- Characteristics of Digital Marketing
- Difference between digital and traditional marketing
- Customer expectations
- Online Customer Journey
Developing a Digital Marketing Plan
- Introduction to PR Smith’s SOSTAC® Planning Framework
- Carrying out an audit
- Identifying objectives and developing a strategy
- Implementing tactics
- The importance of measurement
- Website objectives
- Types of website
- Aspects of website design
- Websites and devices
- Websites and Google
SEO and Content
- What is SEO?
- Why is it important?
- What does Google look for?
- Developing links
- The importance of content marketing
- Google Local and Search Console
- The Social Media landscape
- Social Media fundamentals
- Different options for Social Media
- Exploration of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- What about Pinterest and Blogging?
Online Advertising and Email
- What is online advertising?
- Google Ads for Search
- Google Ads for Display
- Paid advertising on Social Media
- What is email and how should we use it?
- Creating goals and lists
- Preparing campaigns and measurement
Measuring Digital Marketing
- What is Google Analytics?
- What are metrics?
- Measuring success/failure in GA
- Key elements of GA
- Creating Goals
- Recap and QA.
Delegates rates for Cardiff courses start from £229 (+VAT) and for London £329 per person and include:
- Course material
- One hour 1-to-1 session by Zoom to discuss your specific needs after the course
- Access to a password-protected Google Analytics blog which features videos, articles, podcasts, videocasts, PowerPoint slides, book links and more.
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- Get 10% off course bookings if your organisation is a registered charity (not applicable to Early Bird discounts).
- If you have 2 or more staff attending, we can offer a discount (off the Standard NOT Early Bird rate).
Courses start at 9.15 am, though we ask delegates to arrive at the venue by 9.00. The courses end at 4.30 pm and lunch is usually taken at 12.30 pm with tea and coffee breaks mid morning and mid afternoon. To work out your travel times, please see the venue addresses below. If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know
Cardiff – Our training venue is located in Liberty Marketing’s offices in Cardiff Business Park in Llanishen. This location is situated between Junction 32 of the M4 and Cardiff City Centre, making it ideal for those travelling from Cardiff, Newport, the South West England, West Wales and the South Wales Valleys.
London – Our London courses are delivered from two central London locations. They are Portland Place, which is opposite the BBC and Holborn Bars, which is located next to Chancery Lane tube station. Both locations are ideal for tube and rail connections.To work out your travel times, please visit the Portland Place or Holborn Bars pages.
We’ve started putting some of the new programmes suggestions into action at work, and I’m looking forward to further training in the near future.