SEO Content 101
(Cardiff, London, In-house)
Our face-to-face courses are currently being delivered live through Zoom or WebEx and allow us to stream HD-quality video of our courses direct to the comfort of your home/office. These courses are limited to a maximum of 8 people.
Discover how to create content that search engines will rank and users will love
SEO Content 101, delivered by Head of Content at Liberty, Philip Woodward, arms writers with the tools and knowledge they need to create quality web content. Delegates will learn SEO best practice, understand how to use Google Analytics to improve their content and build an effective content plan.
On completion of this 1-day course you will:
- Understand what SEO is
- Have a clear understanding of how Search works
- Know how to create content that Google loves
- Have learnt how to mine Analytics to create better content
- Be able to create content plans
- Be able to identify search trends and opportunities
- Encounter new tools for creating, monitoring and publishing social media
Who is the SEO Content course aimed at?
It is aimed at beginner-intermediate marketing and PR professionals and those who are managing social media accounts. Whether you are involved in Social Media for SME’s, councils, charities, the NHS or education departments, you should find this course of particular interest.
SEO Content Modules Covered
Introduction: What is SEO?
- What is SEO? Why is it important?
- What Google want
- How Google works in 2021
SEO 101: How Search Works
- Links: what they are, how they work and why they’re important
- Social Signals and other offsite ranking factors
- Keywords: what they are, how to find them and why they’re important
- How Google understands content engagement
- Avoiding penalties and staying on the right side of Google
Creating Web Content Google Loves
- Using the right keywords
- Optimising meta information
- Optimising body content
- Optimising images
- What not to do when writing web pages
- Exercise: Page Writing
Understanding Analytics for Content
- Your Analytics Options
- Auditing with Google Analytics
- Qualitative Upcycling
- Auditing with Google Search Console
- Technical Upcycling
- Exercise: Page Analysis
The Anatomy of Great Content
- Why great content is so important
- Identifying search trends and long tail opportunities
- Using social channels effectively
- Ensuring content works
- Understanding the sales funnel
- Structuring a content plan
- Exercise: Creating Your Content Plan
- Review and recap.
- Q & A.
Delegates rates for Cardiff courses start from £355 (+VAT) and for London £495 per person and include:
- Course material
- Access to a password-protected SEO Content area which features PowerPoint slides, book links and more.
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- Get 10% off course bookings if your organisation is a registered charity (not applicable to Early Bird discounts).
- If you have 2 or more staff attending, we can offer a discount (off the Standard NOT Early Bird rate).
Courses start at 9.00 am, though we ask delegates to arrive at the venue by 8.45 am (for our virtual classes we ask people to sign in to Zoom by 9.00 am). The courses end at 4.30 pm and lunch is usually taken at 12.30 pm with tea and coffee breaks mid morning and mid afternoon. To work out your travel times, please see the venue addresses below. If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know
** Please note that during the Covid-19 pandemic we will be delivering all of our courses ‘live’ through Zoom/WebEx.**
Virtual Classrooms Are Now Live
For the next few months at least this course will be delivered live through a virtual platform. All courses are delivered through Zoom which allows us to stream HD-quality video of our courses direct to your laptop, desktop or tablet. These courses are limited to a maximum of 8 people. Learn more about Virtual Classrooms.
Cardiff location (training)
Our principal training venue is located in the offices of Liberty Marketing in Cardiff Business Park, Llanishen. This location is conveniently located between the M4 (junction 32) and Cardiff City Centre, making it easily accessible from Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, the valleys and South West England. Please note on occasion our training venues may be located in Cardiff City centre (always check the events page for correct location).
London location (training)
The venue for the workshop is in the heart of London and therefore ideal for transport links. We hold the training at either Portland Place or Holborn Bars in London. Both venues offer free wifi, teas/coffees and a sit-down lunch in a restaurant on-site.
Oct 2021 TBC
Nov 2021 TBC
Dec 2021 TBC
‘Live’ classes via Zoom or WebEx.
(early bird price, excl. VAT)