Social Media Course
Master the fundamentals of Social Media in 1 day. Whether you’ve just started working on Social Media accounts or need a refresher on the fundamentals, this is the course for you. Delivered from central London.
This 1-day Social Media Marketing course is aimed at given students a thorough overview of the fundamentals of Social Media. It offers a balance of interactive presentation of the core social media themes and open discussion. Starting with social media themes and developing a strategic approach we then look at best practice use of Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn and blogging. These courses are either delivered from Regent’s Park in Central London or Holborn, with excellent transport links to London Underground and bus routes.
- Face-to-face virtual course
- Video recording of the course
- Support site (inc course notes)
- Post-course support
On completion of this 1-day course you will:
- Learn a new framework for developing a digital marketing strategy
- Discover how the major social networks work and how they differ to one another
- Gain confidence in managing your own social media activities
- Explore different approaches to using the social media platforms
- Encounter new tools for creating, monitoring and publishing social media
Who is the course aimed at?
It is aimed at beginner-intermediate marketing and PR professionals and those who are managing social media accounts. Whether you are involved in Social Media for SME’s, councils, charities, the NHS or education departments, you should find this course of particular interest.
Social Media modules covered
Module 1 : Social Media Fundamentals
- Social Media stats
- Social media fundamentals
- SEO and Social Media
Module 2 : Developing a Social Media Strategy
Using the Marketing Planning Model SOSTAC® we’ll consider the following aspects in relation to businesses like yours:
- Situation Analysis
Module 3 : How to use Facebook for Social Media
- What are Facebook pages and how do organisations use them?
- How does the Facebook Algorithm work
- Understanding the Facebook interface.
- Explore techniques to create great updates
- Learn how to create Facebook Stories
- Exploring Facebook Analytics and ads
Module 4 : Using Instagram for Social Media
- Learn the fundamentals of Instagram
- How does the Instagram Algorithm work?
- Explore how to develop your Instagram bio and brand style
- Learn to craft the perfect Instagram posts, reels and stories.
Module 5 : Using YouTube and TikTok for Social Media
- Exploring the channels – YouTube and TikTok
- How are they being used by organisations?
- Exploring YouTube channels, types of video and how to optimise
- How does TikTok work?
- Exploring best practice for marketers on TikTok
- How can your organisation/brand gain visibility on TikTok?
Module 6 : How to use Twitter for Social Media
- What is it and how are organisations using it?
- What and how do you use elements like retweets, replies, hashtags, lists, etc?
- How to build and nurture a following
- Learn to monitor, research and listen
- 3rd party applications and analytics
Module 7 : How to use LinkedIn for Social Media
- Creating high quality LinkedIn profiles
- How does th Linkedin Algorithm work?
- Developing connections and recommendations
- Learn to craft engaging content on your timeline
- How to create and develop company pages
** This course is delivered as a face-to-face ‘in-person’ course in London. We also offer the same course as a virtual face-to-face course, too. Please check it out.
London location (training)
The venue for the workshop is in the heart of London and therefore ideal for transport links. We hold the training at either Portland Place or Holborn Bars in London. Both venues offer free wifi, teas/coffees and a sit-down lunch in a restaurant on-site.
Alun John (Marketing Tom Media) came highly recommended! The Social Media Marketing course gave me an in-depth view on how to use popular social media sites to a business advantage. Anyone thinking of expanding their use of social media tools should consider this course. A thoroughly enjoyable and information packed course, with a practical approach. Will hopefully be joining Alun again on his upcoming courses in the near future.
The Social Media Training Masterclass was the most informative and useful that I have attended. Marketing Tom provides all the information you need regarding social media and digital marketing practices as a whole including multiple social platforms and tips for getting the most out of your communications for your organisation.
I highly recommend their sessions to revolutionise the way your use social for business and help you to shape your future success. Thanks again for a great session!
The social media course was excellent. Alun provided the group with lots of practical advice on how to make inspiring content and increase user engagement, and was happy to answer any questions or queries we had. He also used lots of fantastic examples that were really thought-provoking.
I came away from the course with lots of ideas that I have been able to put into practice very successfully. As a result, engagement across my organisation’s social media platforms has increased significantly over the past five months.
The standard rates for our courses are as follows: £359 (+VAT) for London courses (Early bird prices may apply). Prices include:
- Slides for the day.
- Access to our password-protected area where you can access latest slides and self-help guide, along with links to useful resources and videos.
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day (for our in-person courses only)
Get 10% off course bookings:
- if your organisation is a registered charity (not applicable to Early Bird discounts)
- If you have 2 or more staff attending, we can offer a discount of 10% (off the standard NOT Early Bird rate).
Courses start at 9.15 am, though we ask delegates to arrive at the venue by 8.45 am (for our virtual classes we ask people to sign in to Zoom by 9.00 am). The courses end at 4.30 pm and lunch is usually taken at 12.30 pm with tea and coffee breaks mid morning and mid afternoon. If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know.
Our Social Media Credentials
We have been delivering Social Media Marketing Courses in London for over 12 years and have delivered to more than 800+ students (see testimonials) from 100’s of companies. Organisations as diverse as TfL, ITV, Virgin, Sir Robert McAlpine, Staedtler, the NHS, the Environment Agency, Hamley’s, Newham Council, City University, UCL, GMB Union, British Heart Foundation, Hiscox, Savill’s, English Heritage and many more have all sent staff on our courses.
Who is your tutor?
The trainer for this course is Alun John. Alun heads up Marketing Tom Media and has been delivering Digital Marketing training for over 15 years. He has worked as a Digital Media lecturer in the University of Wales, Cardiff and worked as a Chartered Institute of Marketing lecturer since 2004, delivering training courses at both certificate and diploma level. He has given presentations at conferences on the subject of Digital Marketing and Social Media and has worked with organisations as diverse as the Welsh Government, Cardiff University, the Bank of Ireland, Sir Robert McAlpine, the NHS, Aviva and hundreds more. Many hundreds of students have attended his Social Media and CIM courses.
* Prices exclude VAT