Twitter Training Course
Learn via Virtual Classroom
These courses are currently being delivered live through Zoom or WebEx and allow us to stream HD-quality video of our courses direct to your laptop, desktop or tablet. These courses are limited to a maximum of 6 people.
Learn to use Twitter to engage, promote, listen and more
Our Twitter Workshop is an intensive, one-day, hands-on course aimed primarily at beginner-level users. We have been using and advising clients on how to use Twitter for over 10 years and this course will show you how to set up Twitter correctly, Tweet like a pro, use it for different business activities, listen to conversations, build a following and measure its effectiveness.
On completion of this 1-day course you will:
- Understand the fundamentals of Twitter
- Know how to change/update all aspects of your account: bio, headers, profile pics, settings
- Be able to create effective tweets using text, image and video
- Understand how to effectively use hashtags, retweets, comments and lists
- Learn how to grow your followers
Who is the course aimed at?
This 1-day course is designed to give delegates hands-on experience of how to use Twitter effectively as a business tool. It is aimed at beginner-intermediate marketing and PR professionals and those who are managing social media accounts.
- Twitter and Social Media
- What organisations are using Twitter and why?
- What are your objectives for using Twitter?
Twitter Basics and Set Up
- The dashboard
- Tweets, retweets and notifications
- Following and Followers
- Crafting a Twitter name and Bio
- Selecting/creating a suitable header and profile photo
The Art of Tweeting Part 1
- Create plain text tweets
- Add links
- Learn how to reply to and mention Twitter users
- Discuss and use retweets effectively
How to Build a Following
- How to tap into your existing customer base
- Use the various digital marketing tools to drive traffic
- Reaching out to others and collaborating
Listening and Managing
- What you should be looking out for
- Learning to respond and engage
- Using Twitter Advanced Search
- Evaluating and using 3rd party apps
- Scheduling tweets
- The importance of a Twitter Calendar
The Art of Tweeting Part 2
- How are companies crafting their tweets
- Delve deeper into Tweet etiquette
- Understanding, finding and creating hashtags
- Using shortened & custom URL’s
- Creating and adding images and video
- 30 techniques to guarantee better engagement and activity
Monitoring and Advertising
- Twitter’s Analytics package
- Discover how you tweet better
- Find the optimum times to tweet
- Consider how to use Twitter with Google Analytics
Twitter and Your Company
- How to further develop your strategy
- How to get further buy in from directors, managers & the staff
- Defining the boundaries for your Twitter activity
- Social Media/Twitter policy for your organisation
Delegate rates for London courses start at £289 (+VAT) and for Cardiff courses at £199 (+VAT); standard rates are £329 and £229 respectively. Please note that during the pandemic prices will start at the Cardiff rate. Prices include:
- Slides for the day.
- Access to our password-protected area where you can access latest slides and self-help guide, along with links to useful resources and videos.
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day (for our in-person courses only)
Get 15% off course bookings if your organisation is a registered charity (not applicable to Early Bird discounts)
If you have 2 or more staff attending, we can offer a discount of 10% (off the standard NOT Early Bird rate).
Courses start at 9.00 am, though we ask delegates to arrive at the venue by 8.45 am (for our virtual classes we ask people to sign in to Zoom by 9.00 am). The courses end at 4.30 pm and lunch is usually taken at 12.30 pm with tea and coffee breaks mid morning and mid afternoon. To work out your travel times, please see the venue addresses below. If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know
** Please note that during the Covid-19 pandemic we will be delivering all of our courses ‘live’ through Zoom/WebEx.**
Virtual Classrooms Are Now Live
For the next few months at least this course will be delivered live through a virtual platform. All courses are delivered through Zoom which allows us to stream HD-quality video of our courses direct to your laptop, desktop or tablet. These courses are limited to a maximum of 8 people. Learn more about Virtual Classrooms.
Cardiff location (training)
Our principal training venue is located in the offices of Liberty Marketing in Cardiff Business Park, Llanishen. This location is conveniently located between the M4 (junction 32) and Cardiff City Centre, making it easily accessible from Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, the valleys and South West England. Please note on occasion our training venues may be located in Cardiff City centre (always check the events page for correct location).
London location (training)
The venue for the workshop is in the heart of London and therefore ideal for transport links. We hold the training at either Portland Place or Holborn Bars in London. Both venues offer free wifi, teas/coffees and a sit-down lunch in a restaurant on-site.
Who is your tutor?
The trainer for this course is Alun John. Alun heads up Marketing Tom Media and has been delivering Digital Marketing training for over 15 years. He has worked as a Digital Media lecturer in the University of Wales, Cardiff and worked as a Chartered Institute of Marketing lecturer since 2004, delivering training courses at both certificate and diploma level. He has given presentations at conferences on the subject of Digital Marketing and Social Media and has worked with organisations as diverse as the Welsh Government, Cardiff University, the Bank of Ireland, Sir Robert McAlpine, the NHS, Aviva and hundreds more.
Jun 15, 2021
Jul 13, 2021
Sep 8, 2021
‘Live’ classes via Zoom or WebEx.
(early bird price, excl. VAT)
I have done some Twitter training with Marketing Tom (having already done other courses) and within a few weeks my Twitter Analytics had jumped from 7K to 22K.
Please get in touch through the following.
Regus House, Malthouse Avenue, Cardiff Gate Business Park, Cardiff. CF23 8RU