For the next few months this course will be delivered live through a virtual platform. All courses are delivered through Zoom or WebEx and allows us to stream HD-quality video of our courses direct to your laptop, desktop or tablet. These courses are limited to a maximum of 6 people.
Learn to use Twitter to engage, promote, listen and more
Our Twitter Workshop is an intensive, one-day, hands-on course aimed primarily at beginner-level users. We have been using and advising clients on how to use Twitter for around 10 years and this course will show you how to set up Twitter correctly, Tweet like a pro, use it for different business activities, listen to conversations, build a following and measure its effectiveness.
Oct 12, 2020
Nov 9, 2020
‘Live’ classes via zoom
On completion of this 1-day course you will:
- Understand the fundamentals of Twitter
- Know how to change/update all aspects of your account: bio, headers, profile pics, settings
- Be able to create effective tweets using text, image and video
- Understand how to effectively use hashtags, retweets, comments and lists
- Learn how to grow your followers
Who is the course aimed at?
This 1-day course is designed to give delegates hands-on experience of how to use Twitter effectively as a business tool. It is aimed at beginner-intermediate marketing and PR professionals and those who are managing social media accounts.
- Twitter and Social Media
- What organisations are using Twitter and why?
- What are your objectives for using Twitter?
Twitter Basics and Set Up
- The dashboard
- Tweets, retweets and notifications
- Following and Followers
- Crafting a Twitter name and Bio
- Selecting/creating a suitable header and profile photo
The Art of Tweeting Part 1
- Create plain text tweets
- Add links
- Learn how to reply to and mention Twitter users
- Discuss and use retweets effectively
How to Build a Following
- How to tap into your existing customer base
- Use the various digital marketing tools to drive traffic
- Reaching out to others and collaborating
Listening and Managing
- What you should be looking out for
- Learning to respond and engage
- Using Twitter Advanced Search
- Evaluating and using 3rd party apps
- Scheduling tweets
- The importance of a Twitter Calendar
The Art of Tweeting Part 2
- How are companies crafting their tweets
- Delve deeper into Tweet etiquette
- Understanding, finding and creating hashtags
- Using shortened & custom URL’s
- Creating and adding images and video
- 30 techniques to guarantee better engagement and activity
Monitoring and Advertising
- Twitter’s Analytics package
- Discover how you tweet better
- Find the optimum times to tweet
- Consider how to use Twitter with Google Analytics
Twitter and Your Company
- How to further develop your strategy
- How to get further buy in from directors, managers & the staff
- Defining the boundaries for your Twitter activity
- Social Media/Twitter policy for your organisation
Delegate rates for London courses start at £279 (+VAT) and for Cardiff courses at £179 (+VAT). Please note that during the pandemic prices will start at the Cardiff rate. Prices include:
- Slides for the day.
- Access to our password-protected area where you can access latest slides and self-help guide, along with links to useful resources and videos.
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day (for our in-person courses only)
- Get 15% off course bookings if your organisation is a registered charity (not applicable to Early Bird discounts)
- If you have 2 or more staff attending, we can offer a discount of 10% (off the standard NOT Early Bird rate).
Cardiff – Our training venue is located in Liberty Marketing’s offices in Cardiff Business Park in Llanishen. This location is situated between Junction 32 of the M4 and Cardiff City Centre, making it ideal for those travelling from Cardiff, Newport, the South West England, West Wales and the South Wales Valleys.
London – Our London courses are delivered from two central London locations. They are Portland Place, which is opposite the BBC and Holborn Bars, which is located next to Chancery Lane tube station. Both locations are ideal for tube and rail connections.To work out your travel times, please visit the Portland Place or Holborn Bars pages.