For the next few months this course will be delivered live through a virtual platform. All courses are delivered through Zoom or WebEx and allows us to stream HD-quality video of our courses direct to your laptop, desktop or tablet. These courses are limited to a maximum of 6 people.
|Jul 23, 2020||Virtual Classroom||Early Bird £189 (not £219)||Book Now|
|Sep 7, 2020||Virtual Classroom||Early Bird £189 (not £219)||Book Now|
|Sep 21, 2020||Virtual Classroom||Early Bird £189 (not £219)||Book Now|
|Oct 9, 2020||Virtual Classroom||Early Bird £189 (not £219)||Book Now|
|Oct 26, 2020||Virtual Classroom||Early Bird £189 (not £219)||Book Now|
|Start: 9.15 am and end: 4.30 pm. Lunch/refreshments are included. 10% off for 2 or more. Prices ex. VAT.|
Learn to build and manage sites on the WordPress platform
Whether you are looking to kickstart your business with a new online presence or to improve your basic knowledge of WordPress, this course should be of interest to you. Over 1 day we will help you get to grips with the creation and management of WordPress websites. It is aimed at marketing managers/assistants, digital marketing staff, creative teams and business startups.
On completion of this 1-day course you will:
- Understand the fundamentals of WordPress
- Learn how to set up a WordPress site from scratch
- Learn how to add widgets, change themes and create menus
- Find out how to write blog posts and pages
- Be able to add and embed a number of different media
- Understand how to engage visitors
Who is the course aimed at?
This 1-day course is designed to give those who are either beginners or who are not quite sure how to use WordPress effectively. It is aimed at marketing and PR professionals, graphic designers, administration staff and owner/ managers.
Session 1 – A close look at the blogosphere
- Who blogs and why do they blog?
- What are the main platforms?
- What is the difference between WordPress.com and Wordpess.org?
Session 2 – Defining objectives
- What are your business objectives?
- Who is your audience?
Session 3 – Blogging fundamentals
- Exploring themes and page layout
- How do posts differ from pages?
- Evaluating different styles of blogs from diverse companies.
Session 4 – Setting up a blog
- Starting out: domain name, mapping, layout, etc
- Theme selection and considerations
- Using and adding menus
- What are widgets and how can we add them?
- Developing simple content articles.
Session 5 – Writing content
- Aligning your content to your business objectives
- Knowing when to write pages/posts and creating a blog diary
- How to write SEO-friendly and good quality content
- Learn over 25 great writing techniques
- Discover the importance of context
- Explore how to format – from links to embeds
Session 6 – Sourcing content and creating images
- Understanding the context of your business
- Using Twitter and Facebook to find quality content
- Sourcing and creating great images for headers and articles
Session 7 – Finding viewers and keeping them
- How to use Social media and connect your channels
- Setting up RSS to email notifications
- Using Google Search console to support your blog.
- Considering blogger outreach and influencers
Session 8 – Measurement, 3rd party apps and future planning
- Learn how the stats within WordPress work and what they mean
- Connect third party accounts
- Start blogging from a mobile device
- Consider the benefits of WordPress.org vs WordPress.com
Our Cardiff courses are charged out at a standard fee of £195 +VAT per person (Early Bird offers exist) and our London prices are £295 +VAT (Early Bird offers exist). The price includes:
- Course material
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- If you have 2 or more staff attending we can offer a discount (not applicable to Early Bird pricing). For numbers above 5, you may want to look at our In-House courses.
- Get 10% off course bookings if your organisation is a registered charity (not applicable to Early Bird pricing).
Courses start at 9.45 am, though we ask delegates to arrive at the venue by 9.30. The courses end at 4.30 pm and lunch is usually taken at 12.30 pm with tea and coffee breaks mid morning and mid afternoon. To work out your travel times, please see the venue addresses below. If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know
Cardiff – Our training venue is located in Liberty Marketing’s offices in Cardiff Business Park in Llanishen. This location is situated between Junction 32 of the M4 and Cardiff City Centre, making it ideal for those travelling from Cardiff, Newport, the South West England, West Wales and the South Wales Valleys.
London – Our London courses are delivered from two central London locations. They are Portland Place, which is opposite the BBC and Holborn Bars, which is located next to Chancery Lane tube station. Both locations are ideal for tube and rail connections.To work out your travel times, please visit the Portland Place or Holborn Bars pages.