Marketing Principles (CIM Level 3)
Cardiff | Virtual Classes
Marketing Principles is a 12-credit mandatory module which sits within the suite of Level 3 modules. To gain the CIM Level 3 Foundation Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing, a pass in Marketing Principles and Digital Fundamentals is required.If studied as a standalone module, the CIM Level 3 Award in Digital Fundamentals (VRQ) can be achieved.
Aims of the CIM Marketing Principles module
This module provides an understanding of the key concepts and terminology used in marketing. On completion of the module, you will have a knowledge and understanding of the role and function of marketing within organisations, and the factors that influence consumer behaviour. You will also be able to identify key components of the marketing environment and have an appreciation of how to collect and utilise relevant information about the marketing environment.
Finally, you will be able to outline the concepts and elements which make up the marketing mix and understand how these are applied in a range of different contexts.
The module comprises three units with two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria and will be assessed by the way of examination. The examination will comprise multiple choice questions to be completed in a controlled assessment.
Unit 1: Discovering marketing
– Describe the role and function of marketing within organisations
– Explain the factors that influence consumer behaviour
Unit 2: The marketing environment
– Identify the key components of the marketing environment
– Know how to collect relevant information about the marketing environment
Unit 3: The marketing mix
– Describe the concept and elements of the marketing mix
– Know how the marketing mix is applied in different contextual settings
The examination will comprise multiple-choice questions to be completed in a controlled assessment.
How long will it take to study?
- The Total Qualification Time (TQT) per module is 120 hours.
- TQT include guided learning hours, practical and work-based learning, assessment preparation time, assessment time and supported self-study time.
How much does the course cost?
Our qualifications and bite-size awards represent a sound investment in your future and your employer may therefore be willing to sponsor you.
The cost of each module is £495 +VAT. The full cost of the Foundation Certificate is £990 +VAT. The CIM costs are £110 per assessment (2 in total) and a yearly membership fee of £65. You should allocate a £40-50 spend on books.
If you are self-financing, there may be payment options open to you. This will allow you to spread the cost of the course over a period of a few months. Please speak to our CIM co-ordinator on 02920 005778 regarding this.
Please check out our Payment Plan page.
If you have been made redundant, then you may be eligible for ReAct funding of up to £1500 of the cost of your course (you would need to pay for the CIM Assessment and membership fees). We accept ReAct beneficiaries and have dealt with students through the ReAct scheme for many years. Find out more about ReAct from the Careers Wales website.
How is the course delivered?
**Please note that under normal circumstances all modules are delivered from Cardiff Business Park (Llanishen) but given the current circumstances we are delivering courses ‘live’ as virtual classes. Our students benefit from:**
- Two days’ attendance (or three 4-hour sessions via Zoom)
- Experience – all 3 of our tutors have over 40 years’ experience of delivering CIM courses
- Support – we provide post-course support right up to the time you do your assessment and online test
- Online learning – comprising notes, slides, activities, links and digital marketing updates
- Monthly delivery – every month we deliver one of the modules
Assessment methods used within the qualification are employer-driven, practitioner-based, relevant and appropriate for business needs. In addition, assessments for all qualifications comply with regulatory requirements, are fit for purpose, fair, valid, reliable and manageable to ensure confidence in the standard of learner achievement.
What should you do next?
Please download and take some time to go through the CIM Foundation Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing brochure. It covers pretty much everything that we have detailed on this site.
If you would like to book on to the CIM Foundation Certificate, please click the ‘book now’ button at the top of this page and complete the booking form.
Feel free to give us a call between 8.30 am – 6.00 pm on 02920 005778
If you’ve got any queries, send us an email from the form below.
Apr 16, 19 & 20, 2021
Jun 10, 11 & 14, 2021
(excl. VAT and CIM M’ship & assessments)