ReAct Redundancy Funding
Funding towards retraining in Wales
ReAct (Welsh Government) Funding of up to £1500 to retrain or upskill
If you’ve been made redundant, you could be entitled to Welsh Government ReAct funding to retrain or update your skills. If you’ve got a new employer lined up, they too could get funding towards your wages and further training.
If you are within 12 months of being made redundant or unemployed, or you are under current notice of redundancy, you could be entitled to ReAct funding to retrain or update your skills. If you’ve got a new employer lined up, they too could get funding towards your wages and further training.
ReAct helps people affected by redundancy gain new skills and encourages recruiting employers to employ a redundant worker. You can access up to £1500 to help you retrain with qualifications and skills that will help you towards gaining employment.
Marketing Tom has worked closely with ReAct and Careers Wales for well over 10 years and in this time we have trained scores of students, a high percentage of who have either gone on to careers in digital marketing or further developed their digital marketing skills.
Who is eligible?
- have become unemployed in the last 3 months as a result of redundancy, are currently unemployed, and who have not been in continuous employment for 6 weeks or more since being made redundant
- are currently under notice of redundancy
- have not undertaken any publicly funded training since being made redundant, including the work-based learning suite of programmes
What support is available?
- Recruitment & Training Support
- Vocational training Grant – Discretionary Award
- Extra Support Grant – Discretionary Award
Support is available for eligible applicants to increase their skills and remove barriers to learning, or returning to work. In order to ensure that this training provides the best possible chance of finding new employment, all applicants will need to have their training needs assessed by Careers Wales. Careers Wales will also advise on suitable training courses and training venues.
Under this part of the scheme the following financial support is available:
- 100% of training costs to acquire new skills (up to a maximum of £1,500)
help towards the cost of travelling to training courses
- overnight accommodation costs, where appropriate
- a contribution towards childcare costs whilst training (subject to limits and conditions)
- help with the cost of special equipment to remove barriers to training
What courses will ReAct cover?
We have had students study on both our CIM and 1-day courses through the react program. The ReAct programme can finance all or a good part of the cost of a CIM level 3, 4 and 6 qualifications. Please take a look at our courses:
CIM Courses Cardiff (All courses)
How will you benefit?
What should you do next?
Careers Wales can also supply you with an application pack.
Feel free to give us a call between 8.30 am – 6.00 pm on 02920 005778 regarding using ReAct to pay for your studies, or send us an email through this form.