ReAct Redundancy Funding
ReAct helps people affected by redundancy gain new skills and encourages recruiting employers to employ a redundant worker. You can access up to £1500 to help you retrain with qualifications and skills that will help you towards gaining employment.
Who is eligible?
Support under the ReAct scheme is available for individuals who:
- have become unemployed in the last 3 months as a result of redundancy, are currently unemployed, and who have not been in continuous employment for 6 weeks or more since being made redundant
- are currently under notice of redundancy
- have not undertaken any publicly funded training since being made redundant, including the work-based learning suite of programmes
What is available?
There are 3 elements to ReAct:
- Recruitment & Training Support
- Vocational training Grant – Discretionary Award
- Extra Support Grant – Discretionary Award
Support is available for eligible applicants to increase their skills and remove barriers to learning, or returning to work. In order to ensure that this training provides the best possible chance of finding new employment, all applicants will need to have their training needs assessed by Careers Wales. Careers Wales will also advise on suitable training courses and training venues.
Under this part of the scheme the following financial support is available:
- 100% of training costs to acquire new skills (up to a maximum of £1,500)
- help towards the cost of travelling to training courses
- overnight accommodation costs, where appropriate
- a contribution towards childcare costs whilst training (subject to limits and conditions)
- help with the cost of special equipment to remove barriers to training
What courses will ReAct cover?
We have had students study on both our CIM and 1-day courses through the react program. The ReAct programme can finance all or a good part of the cost of a CIM level 3, 4 and 6 qualifications. Please take a look at our courses in the navigation above.
How will you benefit?
For many years ReAct recipients have attended our courses and from experience we know that because of the training they have undertaken, the majority of them have gone to secure employment in digital marketing. Employers and recruiters are keen to take on staff with digital marketing skills and we know that both the CIM and 1-day courses equip people with those skills..
What should I do next?
If you wish to apply for the ReAct Vocational Training grant, you first need to see an Adult Guidance Adviser at your local Careers Wales office. Contact them on 0800 028 4844 to make an appointment.
Careers Wales can also supply you with an application pack.
Feel free to give us a call between 8.30 am – 6.00 pm on 02920 005778 regarding using ReAct to pay for your studies, or send us an email through this form.