For a number of years organisations and companies have been using Facebook Cover photos to get their brand message across or to flag up new products, events or values but over the last few months Facebook has introduced Video Covers and since August most accounts can now access them. Consider these stats on video:
- Video can increase landing page conversion by 80%
- Videos on Facebook page increase end user engagement by 33%
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text
One of the great things about video is that it immediately grabs a visitor’s attention – as your eyes are drawn to it. Now, consider if that video appears at the top of a Facebook page that you have shown an interest in and, hopefully, will decide to ‘Like’?
Here are some examples of Facebook Video Covers to whet your appetite:
The British Museum
Now get your creative thinking caps on and start thinking about how you could be using them to grab the attention of prospective customers.
- Try and capture people’s attention without sound
- Recommended size of a video is 820 x 462 pixels, however it is required that videos be at least 820 x 312 pixels (Socialfiremedia).
- Videos should be between 20-90 seconds