In the fast-paced and constantly evolving world of digital marketing, keeping up with the latest trends and techniques is critical to stay ahead of the competition. This is especially true for those who are currently studying for digital marketing qualifications or courses. However, with so many information sources available, it can be challenging to discern which ones are trustworthy and offer practical insights. That’s why we have curated a list of 12 reputable websites that not only provide valuable insights on a diverse range of topics, including technology, entrepreneurship, marketing, and innovation, but also offer training programs to help you stay updated with the latest developments in the field.
Whether you are a seasoned marketer or just starting out, bookmarking, following, or visiting these websites can help you gain a competitive advantage in the digital landscape and keep pace with the ever-changing marketing landscape. As someone who uses these sources to research for both CIM courses and one-day courses, I can vouch for their usefulness and relevance for both seasoned professionals and aspiring marketers.
- Wired: The articles written on the Wired magazine website cover a broad range of topics, with a particular focus on technology, science, and innovation. They often provide in-depth analysis and commentary on the latest developments and trends in these areas, making them a valuable resource for anyone looking to stay up-to-date with the latest advances in the field. The writing style is generally engaging and accessible, and the articles are often illustrated with striking visuals and multimedia content. I like it so much I even subscribe to the hard copy magazine!
- Havard Business Review: The articles written on the Harvard Business Review website are focused on providing insights and analysis on a wide range of business-related topics, including strategy, leadership, innovation, entrepreneurship, and human resources. Whilst many of the articles are geared towards a more academic or professional audience, but they are still accessible and valuable to anyone interested in learning more about business and management. The Harvard Business Review is known for its high-quality content and is widely regarded as a leading source of business insights and thought leadership.
- Fortune: Get inside access to the latest news and analysis on the world of business, finance, and beyond. The magazine has a keen focus on top-level executives and their impact on the industry, which means you’ll always be ahead of the curve (even if you’re not a top-level executive yet!)
- MIT Sloan Review: Elevate your business strategy with groundbreaking insights and innovations in technology that are transforming how we lead and innovate. Whether you’re a researcher, executive, or thought leader, you’ll find invaluable ideas and resources to stay ahead of the game. It’s also a perfect source of academic statistics and references for digital marketing students.
- Entrepreneur: Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit with the ultimate resource for startups, small businesses, and franchisees. From growth strategies to digital marketing tips and networking advice, Entrepreneur has everything you need to succeed.
- Inc.: Take your business to the next level with quick, easy-to-read articles that deliver the latest insights on startups, leadership, innovation, and technology. Whether you’re an entrepreneur or a seasoned pro, you’ll find valuable information to help you stay competitive.
- AdWeek: Step into the world of advertising and marketing with AdWeek, the ultimate guide to the latest trends, campaigns, and innovations. From digital billboards to social media strategies, AdWeek has it all. It’s also a geat resource from which our CIM students can find case studies and stats for their reports.
- Fast Company: Join the progressive movement with Fast Company, the leading media brand for innovative technology, leadership, world-changing ideas, and design. Stay ahead of the curve with cutting-edge insights and expert analysis.
- Entrepreneurship – NY Times: Discover the latest news and features on startups, innovation, funding, and small business from the New York Times. With a mix of compelling storytelling and insightful reporting, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of the entrepreneurial landscape.
- VentureBeat: Dive into the world of big data, cloud computing, mobile, security, and more with VentureBeat. From startups to enterprise solutions, VentureBeat delivers the latest news and analysis on the tech industry.
- TechCrunch: Keep up with the latest digital innovations and disruptions with TechCrunch, the ultimate source for breaking news on technology and startups. With Crunchbase, you’ll gain invaluable insights into the people, investments, and companies that are shaping the industry.
- The Verge: Experience the intersection of technology, science, art, and culture with The Verge. From smartphones to space travel, The Verge brings you the latest news and reviews on the products and ideas that are changing the world. It’s a great read, especially when you have the latest Apple hardware and software being unveiled.
So, to conclude, the digital marketing landscape is constantly evolving, and it’s crucial to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and techniques to remain competitive. With the abundance of information available online, it can be challenging to know which sources to trust. However, by bookmarking or following the 12 websites we’ve compiled in this article, you’ll have access to valuable insights, analysis, and training programs on a wide range of topics, from technology and innovation to entrepreneurship and marketing. These resources can help you stay ahead of the curve and gain a competitive advantage in the ever-changing digital world.
Editor’s note: This post was originally published in November 2017 and has been updated for comprehensiveness.